The German Embassy Bangkok and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are joining up to launch the “Moving and powering the future” event on 12 March 2021 during 13.00 – 16.00 hrs. at the third floor, Samyan Mitrtown Bangkok.
H.E. Mr. Georg Schmidt – the German Ambassador to Thailand, Mr. Sorapong Paitoonphong, Deputy Permanent Secretary, the Thai Ministry of Transport, Dr. Poonpat Leesombatpiboon, Executive Director of International Affairs Division, Office of Permanent Secretary, the Thai Ministry of Energy and Dr. Raweewan Bhuridej, Secretary-General, the Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning (ONEP) will preside over the event.
The event aims
- To showcase technologies, solutions and models of energy transition and illustrates a vision of an intertwined and sustainable future of energy and transport through a German exhibition touring around the world (www.energiewende-global.com)
- To present Thailand’s ambitions and potential with respect to the energy and transport sectors through a Thai exhibition
- To present challenges, lessons learnt and success stories from Transport and Energy projects in Thailand through a Thai exhibition
- To feature future developments of energy and transport transition and raise awareness for green energy and sustainable mobility solutions
- To embark and raise awareness on the Thai public through innovative and interactive visions of a sustainable future
- To share Thai and German experiences and expertise on the energy transformation through the talk session
In addition, the event will also have a talk on “A move towards a smarter future” during 15.00 -16.00 hrs. with Mr. Wannasingh Presertkul, documentary producer and founder of Savage channel, Mr. Tanai Potisat, the Founder of ReCharge, Social project and Anthony Phiyachon, 15-year-old student in Chiang Rai who joins Elon Musk‘s competition of inventing green technology to reduce carbon emissions in the air to tell a story and exchange experiences on how to help change energy use or transportation for a better future.
For more information, please click at www.facebook.com/gizthailand