Central Retail Corporation Public Company Limited achieved 5 Asian Excellence Awards 2021, reflecting leadership in retail and excellent international-level corporate governance. The 5 awards are Asia’s Best CEO, awarded to Mr. Yol Phokasub; Asia’s Best CFO, awarded to Mr. Piya Nguiakaramahawongse; Asia’s Best CSR; Best Investor Relations Company and Best Corporate Communications Team.
The Asian Excellence Awards are presented by Corporate Governance Asia, a leading Hong Kong-based magazine covering topics of economics and good governance. They are conferred on organizations showing clear excellence in corporate governance; financial performance and management; corporate social and environmental responsibility; investor relations; and corporate communications. The winning companies are selected from countries and regions across Asia, including China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. In detail:
- Asia’s Best CEO award was presented to Mr. Yol Phokasub, Chief Executive Officer, Central Retail Corporation PCL. Judges considered leadership in delivering sustainable growth, strong business strategies and corporate social responsibility to the organization, at both regional and global levels, amidst the challenges of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Asia’s Best CFO award was presented to Mr. Piya Nguiakaramahawongse, Chief Financial Officer. The panel considered proficiency in financial management, budget control and preparation, as well as effective investment plan rebalancing, for the organization to stay flexible and be ready to adapt to rapid changes.
- Asia’s Best CSR award was presented to Central Retail Corporation PCL, in consideration of the company’s internal and external activities, their impact on all related stakeholders, and being a guide in realizing the benefits of good corporate governance.
- Best Investor Relations Company award was presented to Central Retail Corporation PCL. This was for the company’s effective communication with investors that is accurate, transparent and equitable, in accordance with the core principles of investor relations, strengthening confidence in the company both domestically and internationally.
- Best Corporate Communications award was presented to Central Retail Corporation PCL. This was in consideration of the company’s outstanding effective internal and external communications, and constructive communication strategies and planning, which have promoted a positive corporate image on the international stage.
Mr. Yol Phokasub, Chief Executive Officer, Central Retail Corporation PCL commented, “We are truly honored to be selected by Corporate Governance Asia magazine. These awards are another achievement of the management team as well as all employees of Central Retail. They are testimony to our company’s commitment to excel in management, financial performance, investor relations, corporate social responsibility, environmental practices and corporate communications. Although we have faced great challenges from the COVID-19 crisis, Central Retail continues to strive and drive the business vigorously, while supporting communities in various ways. The company joined forces with the government in efforts to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as supporting all sectors to reopen the country and power the national economy to emerge stronger than ever. On this occasion, I would like to express my gratitude to our customers, partners, shareholders and all sectors for their trust in Central Retail, and to our employees for their commitment and dedication to drive the organization together.”
Central Retail is committed to drive its business sustainably in parallel with being Thailand’s leading retailer with the most completely conceived omnichannel platforms in Thailand for customers, employees, partners, shareholders and communities. This commitment resonates with the company’s vision to be Central to Life, as well as highlighting that Central Retail will maintain transparent and effective communication with investor communities, alongside the highest standards of corporate governance.
About Central Retail
Central Retail Corporation Company Limited (Central Retail) is the retail leader in Thailand and the flagship company at the roots of Central Group. It has a network of 3,641 branded stores (as of 30 September 2021) offering multi-category products through multi-format channels such as department stores, convenience stores, specialty stores, supermarkets, hypermarkets, plazas and online sales through omnichannel platforms. Central Retail’s business is organized into 4 operating segments based on business units; (1) Fashion, which focuses on apparel and accessories under Central Department Store, Robinson Department Store, Supersports, Central Marketing Group (CMG) and Rinascente; (2) Hardline, which focuses on electronics and home improvement under Thai Watsadu, Baan and Beyond, Power Buy, Nguyen Kim, OfficeMate, B2S and meb; (3) Food, which focuses on groceries under Central Food Hall, Tops Market, Tops Daily, FamilyMart, Big C/GO! and Lanchi Mart; and (4) Property, which focuses on leasing retail property to third parties and to its own stores under Robinson Lifestyle Center, Tops Plaza, and Big C / GO!. As of 30 September 2021, Central Retail has its presence in 3 countries – in 56 provinces of Thailand, 39 provinces of Vietnam and across key cities in Italy (as of 30 September 2021).