- LINE reports its one-year accomplishments under the “Life on LINE” vision, while moving forward with its initiatives to build Life Infrastructure that caters all needs of its users.
- Number of users on LINE ecosystem have been jumped, proven its claim for general users and businesses,
LINE Thailand announced its business success under the vision “LIFE ON LINE” that the number of users in Thailand increased by more than 2 million over the past 12 months. It also rose to the top position in the digital platform sector in terms of time spent, as people spend an average ? of their online time on LINE. The firm is determined to provide convenience to users and boost the business sector in Thailand in the digital era, becoming the right platform in the New Normal Lifestyle.
Dr. Phichet Rerkpreecha, DBA, Chief Executive Officer at LINE Company (Thailand), stated that LINE declared its “Life on LINE” vision in 2019, resolving to become “Life Infrastructure” for Thai people by developing various services to improve their quality of life, resulting in a jump in the number of users by more than 2 million over the period of a year
The CEO further indicated that LINE’s success as Life Infrastructure is apparent when looking at the usage of LINE’s numerous services during the COVID-19 outbreak, when technology, particularly online platforms, plays a crucial role in daily life that needs to conform to physical distancing guidelines and the work from home trend. LINE’s ecosystem offers a blanket of services that covers all facets of daily life and working life, including:
- LINE Call 's number of users in Thailand jump by 200% when compares the January vs March 2020, covering LINE Call users on both smartphone and PC platforms. LINE also developed additional functions to cater users’ needs, including 'Watch Together,’ a feature that allows a group of users to watch a shared screen over the LINE Group Call. The feature has the capacity of handling up to 500 concurrent users.
- LINE Official Accout (LINE OA) offers business solutions to entrepreneurs whose number has increased from 3 million to 4 million in May 2020. LINE OA also presents 'Growth Mindset’ and 'Growth Strategy’ for users to consider, in order to help them grow in the digital market. In particular, MyShop -- one of LINE OA’s features -- saw the growth rate of the number of shops rising at 180% in April (compared to the number in January). Currently, there are more than tens of thousands of shops listed on LINE OA’s MyShop, a significant leap from hundreds in the beginning.
- LINE MAN is the food delivery service that lets users enjoy any meal from any vendors at any time at the comfort of users’ homes. The number of LINE MAN users during the first 3 months of this year have increased by 300% compared to the average number of users last year.
Furthermore, LINE has performed its duty as a platform that perpetuates Thailand’s economy, amid the COVID-19 situation which put several businesses on hold. LINE services were used as tools to connect agriculturalists and customers in the “Find Food” program, and as a digital marketplace in a campaign of the Tourism Authority of Thailand to help accommodation providers and service businesses nationwide bring their offerings online. In addition, car dealers are also using the LINE platform to provide information about their vehicles to customers and to arrange test drive sessions right at customers’ homes. Several cosmetic brands have also been focusing their energy on e-commerce since the outbreak, when shopping malls were forced to close to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
According to Dr. Phichet, these stories of success highlight LINE’s contribution to the growth of the Kingdom, which he credited to these factors:
- Mindset: Having an open mindset and avoiding limiting creativity, LINE has a culture of always looking at problems as opportunities. LINE develops our services from solving problems of users and providing them with solutions that simplify and uncomplicate their lives.
- Agility: In the current age of technology, everything can change in a blink of an eye, forcing brands, organizations, and people to quickly adapt to these changes on a daily basis, so are our services, in order for LINE to become a platform that answers all people’s ever-changing needs.
For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, LINE introduced new features and tools to help online entrepreneurs such as “Watch Together” for LINE Group Call that enable screen sharing or watching video together during a LINE Call on LINE Desktop Version, or MyShop, a sale promotional tool on LINE Official Account that offer a range of trading features. All of these efforts resulted in LINE raising the number of LINE OA users to more than 4 million over a period of a couple of months.
- Humanization: This is an essential business concept of LINE. We study consumer behaviors, socialization, and the culture of our users. LINE, as one of the leading technology companies in the world, has international approaches in doing professional works. We adapt to the environment in the country we are doing business with, in order to ensure that we produce the best services that suit the needs of our users.
- Elevation: All of LINE services have to elevate the quality of life of our users in all respects, including their fundamental lifestyle to business assistance services.
One other essential factor for a digital platform such as LINE is innovation. All of the services and features that LINE invented and developed aimed at making LINE the right digital platform for the New Normal Lifestyle, meaning all of LINE’s creativities and technological innovations must elevate the quality of life and satisfy the needs of users.
“Despite the fact that LINE had been successful in virtually becoming the 5th essential element of Thai people, LINE still recognizes many challenges in the ever-changing world and in the ever-evolving needs of users. Changes are unpredictable. For instance, the COVID-19 pandemic. Everything happened quickly, and we need to adapt promptly, the sooner, the better. LINE has the answers to all of our users’ basic needs. Although this crisis affects all sectors, LINE managed to thrive, thanks to its ecosystem that can handle anything the future may throw at.
As a leading organization, we need to have a leadership mindset that opens to learning at all times. LINE recognizes that leaders are not the only people who can take the organization to the its goals, it’s the personnel, the grinding gears that perpetuate the firm forward. We all need to be leaders, we need to learn together, to make LINE a platform that understands Thai people the best and a platform that can truly be Thailand’s Life Infrastructure. We want LINE to be the right platform to all, general, and business users alike. We want LINE to become a strong platform that facilitates Thai people in the New Normal Lifestyle comfortably and happy every day” concluded Dr. Phichet.