Following to the COVID-19 outbreak situation, Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd. has established the strictly measures since late January 2020 to prevent spreads and infections according to the guidelines from Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health of Thailand.
Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd., deeply regrets to announce that an employee of Head Office at FYI Center, Rama 4 Road, Bangkok has recently been confirmed as a COVID-19 patient. The patient, working in non-product and service-related area, had been admitted to receive medical treatment at a hospital since March 20, 2020. On March 24, 2020, the patient took COVID-19 test. The company was notified of the test result on March 25, 2020 that the patient is tested positive for COVID-19 (Confirmed Patient). Hence we are announcing this immediately.
In response to this situation, the company has conducted the following precautionary measures at Head Office, FYI Center in due cause;
1) Informing Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public
Health, about this case as well as closely monitoring the situation and medical treatment of the infected employee.
2) Identifying other employees who have recently been in contact with the patient. The risk employees are requested to stay at home effective from March 25, 2020 onwards and observe a 14-day self-quarantine both for themselves and their household members to prevent further spread. They are advised to seek medical treatment and COVID-19 test if any symptoms indicate.
3) Suggesting people or business partners who recently worked in
relation with the infected employee to observe a 14-day self-quarantine.
4) Immediately closing Head Office at FYI Center from March 25, 2020 to disinfect all the areas concerned within the company premises, with chemicals and ozone generator, following the guidance of the Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health. In addition, the company has informed FYI Center building management for disinfection process of the building’s lobbies, elevators and all common areas.
5) Following the announcement of Bangkok Metropolitan on March 21, 2020 to close risk areas and ask for cooperation of people to stay home as preventive measures, the company has been implementing work-from-home policy since March 24, 2020 until April 12, 2020.
As a responsible company, the health and safety of our customers, our employees and all of our stakeholders are the highest priority during the challenges of COVID-19. The current situation will not significantly impact our production, sales and customers service operations. We will continue to take preventive measures to deal with the issue, closely working with various stakeholders including the relevant local authorities. Please also be assured that the products and services of Mitsubishi Motors are completely safe at showrooms nationwide.
Lastly, we would like to express our sincere appreciation to the medical professionals, related officers and also volunteers who are hard working on the front lines to keep Thailand safe from COVID-19.
For your acknowledgement.