Presence in 10 countries and 120,000 retail locations
InComm, a leading prepaid product and payments technology company, celebrates its 10th anniversary operating in the Asia-Pacific region this month. The company's first office in the region was launched in Japan in 2008. Today, InComm's presence in the region is marked by innovative prepaid products and payment processing of billions of dollars annually with 10 offices in various territories, including South Korea, Hong Kong, Thailand and Australia.
"It's been 10 years of hard work, partnerships and innovation that led to where we are today," said Frank Monaco, Executive Vice President and General Manager, InComm International. "The secret to our success is great people, determination, commitment and localization of our business. Asia is an extremely diverse marketplace. Acknowledging and adapting to this diversity from an early stage of market entry has been fundamental to our success."
Some of the region's milestones include:
- The inauguration of the first office and the first transaction processed on August 8, 2008, in Japan.
- The launch of prepaid products in Japan's leading convenience store chain in 2010, which included 12,000 stores using InComm's industry leading point-of-sale activation technology.
- The establishment of partnerships with the world's largest entertainment companies to launch prepaid products right before the 2012 holidays season in Hong Kong.
- Bringing the world's largest media player application gift card to Australia's retail market in 2014.
- The acquisition of ValueAccess, previously a partner company that leads prepaid distribution, in 2016.
To both celebrate this important milestone and give back to their communities, InComm employees from over 30 countries are fundraising for Unicef, which works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. To raise funds, as an individual or a team, employees are taking part in the "10 for 10 Challenge." That 10 can be a run, walk or bike ride of 10 kilometers or four yoga sessions that correspond to 10,000 kilojoules. One-hundred percent of the donations will be given to Unicef.
Leveraging deep integrations into retailers' point-of-sale systems, InComm provides connectivity to a variety of service providers that allow consumers to conduct everyday business at more than 500,000 points of retail distribution. With 366 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta with a presence in more than 30 countries.