Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) is acutely aware of the hardships faced by many members of society during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and is committed to helping alleviate their financial problems. Starting in late January, SCB began launching measures supporting our customers and we will continue to assist those affected overcome this situation together. Most recently, the Bank has launched an “SCB Stands by You” campaign under the “We Want to See You Smile Again” concept, which will include special measures for payroll account, small business, and insurance customers, along with measures announced earlier for credit customers. These newly launched measures will be available through three major channels – the SCB EASY App, ATMs, and SCB branches nationwide.
Ms. Auraratana Jutimitta, SEVP and Chief Retail and Business Banking Officer at SCB, said that, “Amid the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, many business segments have ground to a halt. Businesses inevitably have to reduce their expenses in response to the economic slowdown, consequently reducing the incomes and morale of many citizens. Concerned by such adverse impacts and realizing this hardship, particularly short-term impacts felt by retail customers and small business, the Bank has continuously launched support measures since late January in the hope of helping customers in all segments overcome this crisis and lift their spirits.
Most recently, we have launched an “SCB Stands by You” campaign to let our customers know that SCB is ready to stand and fight this crisis with them. We are fully committed to ensuring that our systems and service channels, particularly the SCB EASY mobile app, are always available so that our customers can perform transactions seamlessly amid the lock-down and the social distancing situations that require people to strictly maintain hygiene and sanitation practices, such as avoiding leaving their homes and handling cash. Our assistance measures demonstrate that we are willing to help all our customer groups with their financial liquidity needs to help them overcome any short-term difficulties, which we hope will bring back their smiles when the situation returns to normal.”
Apart from assistance measures launched for credit customers, this latest campaign will incorporate additional support for customers in three more groups:
SCB Payroll Customers:
- Speedy Loan: A lump sum loan amount of 30,000-baht or more with monthly installments of as low as 240 baht per each 10,000-baht loan.
- Speedy Cash Card: A readily available backup credit line for emergencies featuring 0% interest for up to 3 billing periods.
- Dee Jung Transfer: A credit line converted from your credit card or Speedy Cash card into a loan with a special interest rate of just 0.79% per month.
- Customers can apply for services conveniently via the SCB EASY Application.
Small Business Owners:
- A liquidity boost with unsecured Mae Manee Than Jai Loans or “Business Loans” of up to 50 million baht.
- Cost reduction with Mae Manee Free Solution to help manage your business professionally.
- More payment channels and lower risk with the Mae Manee Application.
- Extend the grace period for payment of insurance premiums from 31 to 91 days with no interest.
- Exemption of interest and health check-up for insurance policy renewal.
“SCB truly cares about the difficulties faced by our customers. All SCB bank units and staff stand firmly behind their commitment to continuously serve our customers, especially bank units involved in credit approval. They are working around the clock to ensure that our customers will always have access to financial assistance to help them get through these rainy days. The Bank is determined and ready to stand by our customers in a bid to fight this crisis together”, concluded Ms. Auraratana.