Find out which playlist suits you based on @SpotifyKDaebak’s Personality Quiz
From groovy K-R&B hits to K-Rock’s electric vibrations and K-Hip Hop’s spitting rhythm and flow, Korean music is one of the most eclectic and diverse genres on Spotify. Today, Spotify introduces 13 new and revamped playlists on its K-Pop Hub broadening its current K-Pop offering and catering to the many facets of this exciting genre.
Since the launch of Spotify’s first K-Pop playlist K-Pop Daebak in 2014, there have been more than 41 billion K-Pop streams on Spotify, and fans have spent more than a whopping 134 billion minutes on K-Pop music. With over 50 playlists today, Spotify’s K-Pop Hub is the one-stop destination for fans to discover the world of K-Pop and immerse themselves in Korean artists, genres, and songs across every mood and moment.
To help listeners determine which direction to expand their K-music horizon in, Spotify’s dedicated K-Pop Twitter channel, @SpotifyKDaebak has launched a simple personality quiz, directing users to a K-Pop playlist based on their personality traits and habits.
One of the newest playlist additions to the K-Pop Hub includes Cool K:IDs Rock - Spotify’s signature playlist for Korean Rock anthems offering fans a glimpse into South Korea’s burgeoning rock scene. Users can discover and enjoy the alternative sounds of Korean Rock from bands like DAY6, HYUKOH and more. Also found within the hub are also updated playlists like TrenChill K-R&B featuring soulful Korean R&B acts like Crush and DPR LIVE, as well as K-Hip-Hop +82, which highlights the most exciting artists in South Korea’s hip hop scene and its array of homegrown rappers, from mainstream to underground.
Often created with original soundtracks, Korean dramas like 'World of the Married’, 'Hospital Playlist’, 'The King’, and more also boast their own unique audio identity that continues to exist beyond the show. To cater to the increasing popularity of these soundtracks, Spotify has curated two new playlists for this genre including Korean OST Instrumental and Best of Korean Soundtracks to accompany fans reliving the moments of their favourite shows.
An overview of Spotify’s new playlists available on the K-Pop Hub:
- Cool K:IDs Rock: Discover the latest Korean rock bands shaking up the status quo.
- TrenChill K-R&B: Previously known as Sexiest K-Grooves, this playlist reflects the latest R&B sound featuring smooth tracks with soulful vocals.
- K-Hip-Hop +82: From Jay Park to Nafla, this playlist introduces Korea’s many talented rappers, both mainstream and underground.
- Best of Korean Soundtracks: Relive those favourite Korean drama moments with these classic soundtracks.
- Korean OST Instrumentals: Stream the best of Korean drama OST instrumentals.
- KimBops!: From reality shows to newly released tracks, this playlist features Korean tracks trending around the world.
- Korean Old Vinyls: Kick back with Korean Old Vinyls, a nostalgic playlist that includes classic songs from the '70s and '80s.
- K-Pop Ballad Hits: Indulge in mellow and sentimental K-Pop ballads.
- Tropical K-Pop: Like the summer season in Korea, Tropical K-Pop will have everyone grooving along to the hottest K-Pop dance music.
- K-Club Party: Party alongside the latest and greatest K-Pop dance hits on K-Club Party playlist.
- Nolja!: Press play on these familiar 2010s K-Pop jams.
- Girl Krush: From Red Velvet to BLACKPINK to ITZY, this playlist features everyone’s favourite “girl crush”.
- Satang Mix: All the sugary-sweet tracks from K-Pop’s favourite ladies.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music.
Discover, manage, and share over 50 million tracks, including more than 1 million podcast titles, for free, or upgrade to Spotify Premium to access exclusive features including improved sound quality and an on-demand, offline, and ad-free listening experience.
Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users, including 130 million Spotify Premium subscribers, across 79 markets. We are also the largest driver of revenue to the music business today.